Greetings!

Hello and welcome to BashaMO, The Blog.
This blog is run by the scientifically proven theory that sharing is caring. Therefore I must care about you, whomever you may be..

Friday, July 6, 2007

Nam June Paik

If you aren't already familiar with Nam June Paik (South Korean born-American, b.1932)'s video art than I am glad to be of service. Check-a-check-him-out!

Nick and I went to the Portrait Gallery which for some odd and awesome reason has not one but TWO Nam June Paik video installations! Happy day. As it's obviously a very visual and auditory experience, I won't bother trying to explain it much in words.

1. Electronic Superhighway: Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii,: a multimedia work in neon, 49-channel video installation map of the United States, with various representative sounds and pictures emanating from each of the 50 states.



2. Megatron/Matrix: 215 monitors driven by eight computers continually changing laser-disc images.

This youtube video ain't so hot but it can give you a bit of a feel. However keep in mind it is missing the right HALF of the installation.



I was first introduced to him long ago by way of the Hirshhorn Museum in DC- his piece that is aptly titled: "Video Flag". The title explains all that I would, it must just be seen, but here's a picture of me in front of it:

Flag me!

1 comment:

Nick said...

your secret edits are safe with me.

Who am I?

My photo
Tiny Spur, Teency Clout, United States
writing to you from Tiny, Spur