Greetings!

Hello and welcome to BashaMO, The Blog.
This blog is run by the scientifically proven theory that sharing is caring. Therefore I must care about you, whomever you may be..

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Richard Serra

Tired of living your life inside boxes? All those hard lines and perpendicular angles got you down? Well you should be inside one of Richard Serra's sculptures then.

Be there or be square.



I got a chance to see his work at MOMA NYC. Extremely cranky from plate spinning, wild goose chasing, and spreading myself thin, I still couldn't help but notice that Serra's sculptures are fucking incredible. Inside the kind of spaces that Richard Serra creates, I felt e x p a n s i v e. The only relatable experience I can conjure up is being in the desert (Wadi Rum, Jordan). However, this is the industrial equivalent.


The installation process:



A walk through with MOMA voice over:





Here I am:
Richard Serra"

1 comment:

Bermúdez Art said...

http://bermudezart.blogspot.com/

Who am I?

My photo
Tiny Spur, Teency Clout, United States
writing to you from Tiny, Spur